Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Challenge # 61

Our challenge here at TSB this week is #61 Holiday Cards.  We have at least 12 other fantastic cards make for this challenge.  I'd like t invite you to come and take a look and then join us for this challenge.  I mean who doesn't need Christmas Cards at this time of the year.  Speaking of Christmas Cards, I have to get busy on mine. 
This is one of my favorite images from The Stamping Boutique. thestampingboutique.com  The image is the "Christmas Stocking"
I chose the Recollection Collection for the coordinating card stock.
Used chalk, water color pencils, digital coloring, and inks.
Of course I had to add glitter, what's a card without glitter.

  This was a card I created for my friends at a nearby nursing home.  They call themselves the Cardsharks.  They range in age from 70's to late 90's.  Each month we put together card kits I make up for them and send them to Operation Write Home.  This card is simplified to accommodate their manual dexterity skills.  Through trial and error I've come to realize  they cannot easily use pop-dots, brads, stamps, and roll adhesives.  So I've found an excellent glue stick that works beautifully for them.  All the highlighting I do after they put the cards together.  This particular card I made as a sample.  I'll have to post the group's picture next month when we are making our cards.  They are such a cute group of gals. 

Also the Paper Craft Planet The Stamping Boutique has just begun its 3rd Challenge- Gold and/or Rings
They are just getting started but they do have prizes and they also have tutorials over there.  Please go check them out.  papercraftplanet.com

Please leave me some love.  I really appreciate your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment